Join us for a 1920s Picnic and open house. Play classic games on the beautiful grounds of the historic Rebecca Nurse Homestead and partake in vintage entertainment and fare.
For this year’s theme we are traveling back to the 1920s! Come experience our version of Gala Day. We encourage guests who would like, to come dressed in their best 1920s attire and spend the day with us! The site will be open from 10am-3pm.
- Explore the Historic Nurse Homestead Museum and its beautiful grounds.
- Listen to popular music from the 1920’s
- Watch silent “moving pictures” in the Meetinghouse
- Try your hand at playing period-style lawn games. We have Croquet, Bocce, Lawn Shuffleboard, and Horseshoes. (But feel free to bring your own lawn games as well.)
- Play period table games like cribbage, dominoes, and nine mens morris
- Enjoy a Picnic
- Our special 1920’s themed picnic boxes designed for two people are available for pre-purchase as an add-on with your admission (these must be ordered in advance and will not be available to order the day of the event). CLICK HERE to purchase admission tickets.
- You are also welcome and encouraged to bring your own snacks or a picnic lunch (no alcoholic beverages). Some light refreshments including Pastries, Lemonade, and Rootbeer Floats will also be available for purchase.
Things to bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Picnic Foods (we will have some baked goods and cold drinks available for purchase)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Lawn Games
Please do not bring
- Cigarettes or similar items (we do not allow smoking on-site)
- Grills of any kind
- Pets (only certified service animals are allowed on-site)
We also have a carry-in, carry-out policy for trash, we will gladly supply small trash bags for people to place trash into before you leave.
Check out our Facebook Event page to learn more about this event.
CLICK HERE to purchase admission