GALA DAY IS BACK! Join us for our annual summer fundraiser “Gala Day”!
The very first “Gala Day & Garden Party Bazaar” was held at the Rebecca Nurse Homestead in 1912 right after becoming a Museum, and they continued to be held annually through the 1920’s! It was a way to welcome the community to explore the newly restored historic house, learn about local history, and just enjoy the beautiful grounds on a summer day. This also marks the 10th year since our first Gala Day reenactment!
This year we are traveling back to the 1920s. Come experience our version of Gala Day, complete with the original entrance fee of only 25¢.
We encourage you and your whole family to come dressed in your best 1920s attire and spend the day with us!
- Explore the home of Rebecca Nurse
- Listen to popular music from the 1920’s
- Watch silent “moving pictures” in the Meetinghouse
- Try your hand at playing period-style lawn games; we have Croquet and Bocce. (But feel free to bring your own lawn games as well.
You are welcome to arrive anytime throughout the day from 9:45 on but we will be closing the site down right at 4pm.
Visitors will NOT be permitted to setup picnics inside any of the historic structures.
Things to bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Picnic Foods (we will have some baked goods and cold drinks available for purchase)
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Lawn Games
Please do not bring
- Cigarettes or similar items (we do not allow smoking on-site)
- Grills of any kind
We also have a carry-in, carry-out policy for trash, we will gladly supply small trash bags for people to place trash into before you leave.
Check out our Facebook Event page to register for this event.